What makes us different
Our background in advanced military and government research gives us unique and patented ways to proccess powder materials.
Three things set IAP apart:
Highest density powder compaction:
Our patented method of compaction uses a magnetic field to compact metals, ceramics and other powder materials to densities that can’t be achieved with any other compaction method. This means high green strength, less distortion in sintering and little grain growth, all leading to a strong precision finished part and less processing. We call this process Dynamic Magnetic Compaction (DMC). IAP can provide many standard shapes or can design and produce DMC parts to your specific design needs.
While nano materials promise many new design opportunities, the difficulty of blending these materials has left this promise unfulfilled. IAP has developed a patented a blending technique that evenly distributes nano powder into the micron sized base powder. This technique produces multi−functional composites with totally unique features − a titanium composite with the hardness of tool steel or a highly conductive aluminum composite for example. We offer finished materials or can custom blend for your specific needs.
Composite and functionally graded structures:
Many structures in nature layer materials with distinct properties to achieve an optimum combination of functions. Human teeth, for example, have four layers of material, all with different functions. IAP employs powder filling technologies that supports the consolidation of powder gradients with specific sets of properties. And, these graded composite structures may be consolidated all in one shot. We have produced rotors for brushless DC motors, for example, forming the shaft and the magnetic ring all in the powder consolidation cycle. Our methods for producing graded composite structures may be used with any powder consolidation method.
IAP’s Engineers and Material Scientists use these exclusive technologies separately or in combination along with conventional powder processing methods to provide distinctive design solutions. Contact us to discuss your specific design problem.
We have both off-the-shelf composite material and processes or we will tailor products to your specific needs. Here is a list of what’s available from IAP.
- TITRIX® nano-composite: TITRIX® is a titanium based nano composite powder with the hardness of tool steel −− up to 60 Rockwell C.
- AlTrix nano−composite: AlTrix is an aluminum based nano composite powder with enhanced conductivity and exceptional wear properties.
- High density blanks: We offer high density tubes, rods and tiles compacted from a variety of powder materials.
- Custom nano material blending: IAP’s patented way of blending nano materials with micron sized materials uniformly disperses the materials for maximum performance.
- Custom rotors and stators: IAP rotors deliver greater magnetic flux and are capable of higher rotating speeds because of the extreme density of the consolidated magnetic powder.
- Custom ring gears and splines: Because of our high density consolidation process, gears can be net−formed with AGMA ratings of 9.
- Armor tiles: IAP’s proprietary process for making armor tiles yields light weight silicon carbide tiles at a fraction of the cost of conventional methods.
- Custom Shapes: Our processes are capable of making a wide range of high density forms from an unlimited array of metal, ceramic and composite materials including functionally graded forms that combine material layers.